Tip: Never go into the woods without duct tape. The end.
Here are some ways that I and others on trail use this miracle product:
- Prevent (or help ease rubbing of) blisters
- Repair broken tent pole or trekking pole
- Patch tent, pack, sleeping bag, etc.
- Repair leaky hydration reservoirs and bottles
- Seal open food items
- Hold sole to shoe
- Secure over cloth for makeshift bandaid
- Patch rain gear and other clothing
- Fix broken glasses frames
On the A.T. alone, I had to do #1-6; I saw instances of the others multiple times.
There are a lot of other uses, of course; these are just the ones I’ve seen or used first-hand. Don’t bring an entire roll of duct tape. Instead, wrap several feet around a lighter, pen, trekking pole, water bottle, etc.